It is more clear than ever that systemic racism remains deeply rooted in our society and in our industry. We have not done enough to actively combat this reality, in our company, in our imagery, and in our business practices - and that ends today. We stand in solidarity with BIPOC communities. We pledge to be advocates and to take action, and as mothers, to hold ourselves accountable in taking concrete steps to make this a world a better place for our children.
In order to start this process, we are committed to long-term change that will alter the DNA of HATCH. We accept and acknowledge we will make mistakes along the way and we welcome the feedback of the team and our community to ensure we stay on track. We will be transparent in our actions.
HATCH was founded with the belief that motherhood is a common denominator which unites us all. Together, we have the honor and responsibility to be part of the tide of change. We promise to do better and to earn your trust as a destination for all women.
- We will diversify our team, both in corporate HQ, as well as at our stores
- We will diversify our marketing, model casting and presentation of the brand
- We will become advocates for minority women and minority maternal health
- We will demonstrate meaningful change and support for the Black Lives Matter Movement to dismantle systematic racism
IN OUR WORKPLACE
- Create diversity in the workplace through inclusive hiring practices, and actively partner with recruiters and organizations who support and promote diverse candidates
- Implement ongoing education and anti-racism training quarterly as a leadership team, and as an organization, on systemic racism in America. We will be hiring external advisors to guide us on anti-racists efforts and initiatives
- Uphold a corporate culture that prioritizes and celebrates diversity and inclusion. This includes updating our mission statement and key values to bring this to the forefront
- Provide opportunities for our team to be better citizens. Starting in 2020 we will close our offices on national and local Election days, to ensure our staff can exercise their right to vote
IN OUR MARKETING
- Cast models for a minimum of 50% diversity, to better represent all races and ethnicities across on our site and marketing materials
- Dedicate resources and budget to amplifying and supporting more voices of Black women across our social channels, ambassador & influencer programs, partnerships, Babe and other marketing initiatives
IN OUR STORES
- Joining the 15% pledge initiative to carry 15% Black owned businesses for our third party product offering at our stores
WHERE WE’RE STARTING
We have big goals and important strides to make that will take time, but we aren’t letting that stop us from effecting change where we can, today.
- Matched donations of employees to 24 organizations including the Black Lives Matter Global Network, Innocence Project, NAACP Legal Defense Fund, Black Mamas Matter Alliance, Every Mother Counts, + Loveland Foundation
- Created and published content on Babe highlighting ways we can better instill values in our children to be anti-racist and start this conversation at home
We will be updating this page throughout the year with our actions and our efforts to share what we are doing to affect change on a continuing basis.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions about the work we are doing or to provide feedback.